|Also Known as||声楽部のローレライ - Seigakubu no Rōrerai - The Choir Club's Lorelei
空気を読まない - Kūki wo yomanai (KY) - Oblivious
|Physical and Vital Statistics|
|Manga||Volume 1 Chapter 4|
|Japanese Voice||Miyuki Sawashiro|
|English Voice||Joanne Bonasso|
Yuzuki Seo (瀬尾結月 Seo Yuzuki) is Chiyo Sakura's friend. She is popular among their classmates, and is often asked for help on various extracurricular activities. However, her brash personality often makes people feel offended.
She has an older brother Ryosuke, who is a university student.
Seo has shoulder length wavy greenish-blonde hair that is swept to the side in a ponytail and secured by a brown scrunchie, in a loose ponytail. She is of average height, has an ample bust, and her eyes are brown with a slight reddish tint, appearing amber.
Her clothes consist of the standard uniform - a white blouse tucked into a navy blue skirt. Her neck bow is red, as assigned to second year students, and she wears a blazer on top. She wears her uniform in a much more sloppy fashion compared to Sakura. Her bow is the correct colour for her year, but her skirt is shorter, and she wears no socks.
However, when it comes to choir competitions, she wears her hair down and part of her hair is plaited. She is described as high-class and proper. She also wears socks in this case.
Seo is someone who easily offends people. She is not aware of this though. Because of that, Umetarou Nozaki calls her "oblivious". Seo demonstrates this obliviousness fully as shown in episode 10, while watching the movie, where she paid attention only to the alien on screen and failed to notice anything else, even the plot. She also likes to pester Hirotaka Wakamatsu, but that is probably born out of poorly displayed affection.
Seo is shown to have no sportsmanship whatsoever in a comical way. When playing basketball, she would flout all the rules and annoy the other players by hogging the ball and laughing maniacally. However, it is also through this that the basketball team realizes the importance of teamwork and hence appreciate their team more. Thus, Seo's participation in their games not only allows the basketball team to practice for when they meet an annoying opponent, but also brings out the best in the team.
It is shown in the manga, that she does get flustered and embarrassed when she is complimented or confessed to.
- Main Article: Yuzuki Seo/Plot
He doesn't know that Yuzuki Seo is Lorelei-san, although he is in love with Lorelei because her music lets him sleep (he suffers from insomnia). He claims that Yuzuki is the only person he can't stand but, nevertheless, they continue to go on different kinds of outings. No matter how crazy she acts, he continues to follow her around, trying to find out what anyone can like about a girl like her.
Ironically, she behaves quite normally with Sakura. They sit next to each other in class; that's why they became good friends. Sakura is very proud about her title as Lorelei.
Yuzuki is the singing coach of Yuu Kashima, who is tone deaf. Yuu usually refers to Yuzuki as "sensei" even though the two are quite close for their laid back personalities.
Yuzuki and Nozaki are not close, but she occasioanlly talks to him about Wakamatsu. She does not know that Nozaki is not fond of her so her interactions with him are very casual with no malice.
Yuzuki is not close to Hori in any way but she calls him "Hori-chan" because she heard Kashima call him "Hori-chan-senpai". Hori does not like being addressed like that and reminds her to address him properly.
Yuzuki is not close to Mikoshiba in any way but recognizes him as Kashima and Chiyo's friend. She never addresses him by name, instead she uses "stud" or other variations of that. Mikoshiba is one of the four main characters to know that Seo is the Lorelei of the Choir Club.
- Her birthday is in Tanabata day.
- Her hobbies are moving her body, playing with friends, playing fighting games (arcade), tactic games, and action games (home only). She spends holidays by going outside.
- She is good at singing and sports while she does not do well in teamwork and reading the situation.
- Her best subjects are Mathematics and History (both World and Japanese), but does not do as well in any Literature subject. Her elective subject is Music.
- Her favorite foods are sushi and roasted chicken. Her least favorite food is sakura denbu and Decorative ingredients such as edible chrysanthemum.
- Her family consists of her father, mother, and elder brother.
- She lives relatively near to the school, and usually goes to school by bicycle. Incidentally, she also lives near to the train station, and would occasionally go to school by train whenever she feels like it.
- Her type of guy is a funny type.
- Nozaki uses her as a reference for a male secondary character, Oze, in his manga.
- She is ranked 5th in the character popularity poll, according to official fan book.