|Also Known as||Mikorin|
|Physical and Vital Statistics|
|Manga||Volume 1 Chapter 3|
|Japanese Voice||Nobuhiko Okamoto|
|English Voice||Scott Gibbs|
Mikoto Mikoshiba (御子柴実琴) también Conocido Como Mikorin, es uno de Nozaki 's asistentes y Yuu Kashima' mejor amigo y compañero de clase s.
Mikoto has red hair and red eyes. He wears red studs on both of his pierced ears. At school, he wears the standard Roman Academy uniform unbuttoned over an orange shirt.
He attracts the attention of many girls, and is admired by the males as well. However in reality, he has a timid and 'tsundere' attitude. While outwardly he flirts with girls shamelessly and confidently, afterwards, he cringes and becomes embarrassed at his own actions. Despite his own incompetence in romantic situations, Mikoto is perceptive when it comes to his friends' love lives. He can accurately infer when they are in need of assistance and is always willing to help.
It is discovered that his personality is actually the inspiration for Nozaki's heroine character, Mamiko. While some characters figure this out and constantly make references to it, Mikoto seems to be completely oblivious.
Mikoto has no skill when it comes to drawing people or inanimate objects. However, he is an expert at drawing flowers, effects and embellishments to bring out the charm in characters. Besides art, Mikoto is also fluent in the language of flowers. He uses this information to pinpoint the exact flower needed to match the atmosphere of any scene in 'Let's Fall in Love'.
Three years ago, Mikoto was unable to confidently speak to girls, so he started to 'study' by playing dating sims. Discovering that there were more to individual women than meets the eye, he decided to conquer them all!
Mikoto got to know Nozaki when Nozaki was observing people for reference for his manga. Due to this, Nozaki can frequently explain Mikoto's behavior to others. As they got closer, Mikoto somehow ended up being his assistant. Once in a while, Mikoto will stay over at Nozaki's place and ask for his advice on his dating sim games. When introducing Sakura to Mikoto, Nozaki described his behaviour as "adorable."
Nozaki knows Mikoto's schedule very well since Mikoto isn't available on the dates where games are being released.
Mikoto first met Sakura when Nozaki introduced them. At first, Mikoto acted aloof, telling her to not bother him, but then sulked until she paid attention to him. As time passes, Mikorin becomes comfortable around her and is able to act like his true self. Sakura addresses him as Mikorin, despite his initial protest.
Mikoto and Yuu were in the same class since year 1 and became good friends after their constant rivalry, of which it was said that Yuu always bested him.
Mikoto at first did not know of Masayuki being one of Nozaki's assistant and only knows him as the Drama Club President who escorts Yuu to her club activities. While Mikoto was helping the drama club with a play, Masayuki noticed a resemblance between Mikoto and Mamiko, and ever since he has been repeatedly pronouncing his name wrong as it always starts to come out as "Mami-" from Mamiko.
Mayu was introduced to Mikoto as Nozaki Umetarou's little brother. Mikoto felt the responsibility of being the older "senpai" and grew close to Mayu immediately. The two seems to be on good terms and are drawn together often in the manga.
Later in the manga, Mikoshiba joins a website made by Mayu's friends. The website includes drawings of girls doing judo, drawn by Mayu.
Mikoshiba decides to chat to the maker of the blog, Mayu Mayu, thinking she is a teenage girl which leads to Mayu thinking the same about Mikoshiba. The two have online conversations for nights straight and Mikoshiba even helped Mayu not be lazy at texting. The two still carry on conversing without knowing who one another is.
- Mikorin was born on Valentine's Day, so when his friends and classmates give him birthday gifts, they are usually in the form of Valentine chocolates.
- Mikorin lives with his dad, his mom, and his black cat named Noa.
- In assisting Nozaki, he is in charge of flowers, accents, and effects.
- Mikorin's hobby is mainly playing video games (dating simulators and RPG's). He spends his holidays playing those games.
- Mikorin is good at memorizing his favorite character profiles while bad at conversing with girls.
- Mikorin's clothing choices consist of skulls (accessories), chains (accessories), punk, and flirtatious clothes. He occasionally also wears pink based on Manet Fashion Magazine.
- Mikorin is good in Biology and English class, but doesn't do as well in Government class. His elective subject is Music.
- On a deleted twitter post, his voice actor, Nobuhiko Okamoto, mentioned that Mikorin uses horse oil shampoo to wash his hair. In addition to that, Mikorin usually showers for fifteen minutes.
- Mikorin likes to eat hamburgers and does not like peppers and bitter things.
- Mikorin likes gentle, modest, and innocent types of girls but most of those kind of girls are too intimidated by him.
- He knows of Chiyo's feelings towards Nozaki.
- He is the only member of Nozaki’s manga helpers who doesn’t know that Hori is doing the backgrounds (Hori doesn’t want Kashima to find out because she’ll end up driving Nozaki crazy; Nozaki, however, disagrees with this theory.)
- He is easily embarrassed, often blushing deeply and hiding his face after saying a flirty line.
- He ranked 1st in the character popularity poll, according to the official fanbook.
- Mikorin pierced his ears when entering high school.