|Also Known as||Mikorin|
|Physical and Vital Statistics|
|Manga||Volume 1 Chapter 3|
|Japanese Voice||Nobuhiko Okamoto|
|English Voice||Scott Gibbs|
Mikoto Mikoshiba (御子柴 実琴 Mikoshiba Mikoto) also known as Mikorin, is one of the heroes of the series. He is one of Nozaki's assistants as well as Yuu Kashima's best friend and classmate.
Mikoto has red hair and red eyes. He wears red studs on both of his pierced ears. At school, he wears the standard Roman Academy uniform unbuttoned over an orange shirt.
According to his bio, when not in school, he likes to wear flashy clothes and follow fashion magazines.
He attracts the attention of many girls, and is admired by the males as well. However in reality, he has a timid and 'tsundere' attitude. While outwardly he flirts with girls shamelessly and confidently, afterwards, he cringes and becomes embarrassed at his own actions. Despite his own incompetence in romantic situations, Mikoto is perceptive when it comes to his friends' love lives. He can accurately infer when they are in need of assistance and is always willing to help.
It is discovered that his personality is actually the inspiration for Nozaki's heroine character, Mamiko. While some characters figure this out and constantly make references to it, Mikoto seems to be completely oblivious.
Mikoto has no skill when it comes to drawing people or inanimate objects. However, he is an expert at drawing flowers, effects and embellishments to bring out the charm in characters. Besides art, Mikoto is also fluent in the language of flowers. He uses this information to pinpoint the exact flower needed to match the atmosphere of any scene in 'Let's Fall in Love'.
Three years ago, Mikoto was unable to confidently speak to girls, so he started to 'study' by playing dating sims. Discovering that there were more to individual women than meets the eye, he decided to conquer them all! Thus, leading this pure boy into a world or dating sims and figurine collecting.
Nozaki got to know Mikoshiba while observing people as reference for his manga. As they got closer, Mikoshiba somehow became his first assistant. Mikoshiba would stay over at Nozaki's place for advice on his dating sim games and keeps a part of his otaku collection in Nozaki's apartment closet.
Mikoshiba is introduced to Sakura by Nozaki. At first, Mikoshiba would act distant, but over time, he becomes comfortable around her and sees her as a little sister. He is aware of her crush on Nozaki and actively tries to move it forward. Despite his initial protest, Sakura calls him "Mikorin".
Mikoshiba and Kashima have been in the same class since their first year in high school and became best friends after their constant rivalry with each other. They have a good friendship, when allowed to invite a friend, they would usually invite each other. According to a Q&A with the author, the two pass the time with normal guy conversations and Kashima is not completely aware of Mikoshiba's otaku hobbies.
Mikoshiba knows him as the Drama Club President who escorts Kashima to her club activities. Hori noticed the resemblance between Mikoshiba and Mamiko when he helped in a play, and ever since has been pronouncing his name wrong, adding "Mami-" from Mamiko at the start ("Mamikoshiba").
Mikoshiba, as an elder, feels responsible for Mayu, often talking and watching over him, especially when Umetarou isn't there. The two are on good terms and are often drawn together in promotional materials. Mikoshiba follows a blog titled 'MayuMayu' which features art by Mayu, under the assumption that is is run by a girl, and occasionally text each other.
Miokshiba and Wakamatsu get along because Wakamatsu admires him as his senior so much. The two accidentally expose their position as assistants for Nozaki's manga later on. Mikoshiba believes Wakamatsu is a good kid with a pure heart, but can't bring himself to reveal his otaku hobbies to him.
- His friends and classmates usually give valentines chocolates as gifts for his birthday (Valentines Day).
- Mikorin lives with his dad, his mom, and his black cat named Noa.
- In assisting Nozaki, he is in charge of flowers, accents, and effects.
- Mikorin's hobby is mainly playing video games (dating simulators and RPG's). He spends his holidays playing those games.
- Mikorin is good at memorizing his favorite character profiles while bad at conversing with girls.
- Mikorin's clothing choices consist of skulls (accessories), chains (accessories), punk, and flirtatious clothes. He occasionally also wears pink based on Manet Fashion Magazine.
- Mikorin is good in Biology and English class, but doesn't do as well in Government class. His elective subject is Music.
- On a deleted twitter post, his voice actor, Nobuhiko Okamoto, mentioned that Mikorin uses horse oil shampoo to wash his hair. In addition to that, Mikorin usually showers for fifteen minutes.
- Mikorin likes to eat hamburgers and does not like peppers and bitter things.
- Mikorin likes gentle, modest, and innocent types of girls but most of those kind of girls are too intimidated by him..
- He is the only member of Nozaki’s manga helpers who doesn’t know that Hori is doing the backgrounds (Hori doesn’t want Kashima to find out)
- He ranked 1st in the character popularity poll, according to the official fanbook.
- Mikorin pierced his ears when entering high school because of fashion magazines.
- He seems to be the trendiest of the group, shown by his knowledge of smartphones and even owning his own Twitter account (@mikoshiba0214).