|Also Known as||Waka|
|Physical and Vital Statistics|
|Manga||Volume 2 Chapter 11|
|Japanese Voice||Ryouhei Kimura|
|English Voice||Cameron Bautsch|
Hirotaka Wakamatsu (若松 博隆 Wakamatsu Hirotaka) is in class 1-D, and is one of Nozaki's friends from their basketball team in middle school. He joins Nozaki's staff initially to do erasing,but later on to do tone work. He claims that the only person he cannot stand is Yuzuki Seo, which is somewhat ironic due to the fact he is a fan of the Choir Club's Lorelei, who is actually Seo herself. Strangely, though he has chronic insomnia, he falls asleep within a few seconds when listening to her calming songs.
Wakamatsu is a tall high school student with short messy plum purple hair and blue eyes. When participating in club activities, he wears a blue and yellow basketball uniform. When outside club activities, he wears his school uniform, a white blouse with the top button undone with a loose green tie and green cardigan alongside a pair of navy dress pants with a brown belt and brown shoes.
Wakamatsu is easygoing, but he can be naive and has a tendency to take things at face value. For example, in an attempt to stand up to Seo, he consults Nozaki and his collection of shoujo manga on how to do so. This leads to him sending Seo a love letter, rather than a letter of challenge. He also compares her to his "Goddess," the Lorelei of the Glee Club (who is Seo herself), in order to try to put her down.
When things don't work out for him, he never seems to understand why or what went wrong.
He's very sensitive and gets emotionally hurt very easily.
Yuzuki is the only person that Wakamatsu claims he cannot stand due to the fact she gives him the nickname "Waka" and she terrorizes the male basketball team, which had caused Wakamatsu to develop insomnia. Ironically, despite being the cause of his stress, she is also the cure, as just by listening to her singing for a few seconds he can go to sleep. Because of this, he claims that Lorelei is his "Goddess".
Wakamatsu also claims that Seo often buys souvenirs and gifts for him, as well as asks him to hang out with her (to catch a movie, etc.), despite his claims that Seo mistreats him and is a bad person. Although Seo is the main source of his mental stress, he apparently does not, in fact, hate Seo, and would feel uncomfortable whenever he hears that Seo hung out with other boys.
In a special, Wakamatsu ends up hearing a conversation between Yuzuki and Sakura about going shopping for bikinis. He decides to show up at the mall to spy on them, just to confirm if Kashima is Seo's boyfriend. Much to his dismay, Seo spots him and yells "Waka!" several times at him. This ends up in Wakamatsu eyeing Kashima and Kashima thinking he is a pervert. It isn't until Special 3 that Wakamatsu realizes Kashima is actually a girl, after he drew a harem for Nozaki's manga ideas. The drawing included Kashima directed at Seo with one arrow then Mikoshiba and Sakura as other arrows. Nozaki sees the harem and tells Wakamatsu bluntly that he might know who this "hunk" is, resulting in Wakamatsu being embarrassed for a very long time.
Nozaki was the captain of the basketball team of his middle school, and they have known each other ever since in middle school. Wakamatsu looks up to Nozaki as his senior in both school and in basketball, and often tries to get Nozaki to play basketball again. Due to this, he often gives in and offers help to Nozaki, leading to Wakamatsu becoming Nozaki's screen tone assistant.
- His birthday is on World Sleep Day.
- His family consists of father, mother, elder sister, and younger brother (who is in elementary school).
- In assisting Nozaki, he is in charge of screen tone and eraser.
- His hobby is playing basketball. He spends his holiday by playing with friends.
- Wakamatsu is good at doing simple task and moving his body. He is not good with work which needs creativity and applied skills.
- Wakamatsu's clothing choice is prince-like clothing, with sober and clean feeling (the ones using fabric material)
- Wakamatsu is good in P.E. and English class. His worst subject is Modern Literature. His elective subject is Calligraphy.
- He likes to eat curry hamburgers and does not like shiitake.
- His type of girl are girls with cute personalities and are smaller than him.
- He did not originally recognise Kashima as being female.
- Nozaki uses him as reference for a female secondary character, Waka, in his manga.
- He is ranked 7th in the character popularity poll, last place among the main cast.
- He attended the same middle school as Mayu Nozaki.